The educational program is based on fundamental teachings, laboratory sessions and deepening teachings that allow progressive specialization to train professionals who will be able to develop a research or engineering activity in the disciplinary areas related to applied physics, optics, photonics, telecommunications, micro and nanostructuring of surfaces, optical and physical characterization of structured surfaces and interfaces, light-matter interaction modeling, instrumentation, quality control, nondestructive industrial control, vision, image processing and color technologies and multimedia 2D and 3D.
The training covers a large part of the research axes of the associated laboratories.
The teaching staff is also willing to deliver an education adapted to the expectations of industry, opened to innovative technologies (nanotechnology, secure traceability, color imaging and multimedia application) and oriented towards professionalization (photonics instrumentation, control, analysis and image processing).
The educational model is designed in a modular way.
The choices allow to build 5 tracks:
- Surface and Interface Science and Engineering (SISE)
- Image & Vision
- Color in Informatics and MEdia Technology (CIMET)
- 3D Multimedia Technology (3DMT)
- Color in Science and Industry (COSI)
They aim to acquire:
- Knowledge in fundamental and applied science,
- Vocational and technological skills,
- Transversal and additional skills (English, knowledge of the company, right to innovation, project management, …).